Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Apr 10, 2009

Sleepless night's restless banter

The power is off and I have no idea as to how I would even manage to wink without the rumbling of the fan. The insistent whistle of the pressure cooker from the neighbour’s house disturbs the peace of the night. The roar of the wind brings in a sense of timidity into the night that is seemingly long. I can hear someone washing their clothes, the whoosh of the scrubbing and the moans of the fibre and I wonder what warped sense of time to wash clothes, in the middle of the night, or rather at the break of the twilight. (SIGH!). Quiet peace at last, but alas, not a perfect silence! The seconds tick by, the keystrokes sing a symphony of their own, rhythmic and lethargic. The even breaths remind me of the time slipping as yet another sleepless night welcomes the inevitable bright, sunny day.

As a kid I was never afraid of monsters or beasts. Whispers of the moon lulled me to a dreamless sleep, while the night transforms to day, I gain a day’s wisdom. Days to months to years to coming up of age and finally here, the journey onward and testing. If there was anything that stopped me in the tracks was a sense of disappointment and resentment, from within me. The retrospection judgemental and ruthless, but somehow fulfilling and the inner fire soaring high. I am a little disappointed in myself and somehow I am cracking my head with a reproach hammer, though it seemingly has no affect. Zillions of thoughts are running through me, the usual, about work, about life, about past, about present and about future. All in all, a concoction that drives away the sanity of night. “Miles to go before I sleep”… literally! And dreams seem to be the only way I can reach beyond these thoughts. So, here I sit, conceiving a dream of sheer revelation with absolutely impossible chance of fulfilment, but then, I don’t care. I can dream, futile or otherwise, certain dreams leave a remarkable impression that gives me the will to steel my resolve.

Into my dreamland... trespassers will be sued.

No comments: