Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Mar 22, 2009

The stranger in the mirror

I stare right at you,
I know you,
I am you.

But, now, I am not so sure,
I somehow know the stark contrasts,
You are a stranger mocking at me.

Seconds tick by and the midnight approaches,
I sit alone here, seeing the reflection of you,
Noting the subtle changes,
Those that smiles cannot hide,

Is it a memory?
Is it the person?
What holds you there?
Frozen in time, unwilling to step out?
I know there is something wrong,
I can’t put a finger at it,
I just know it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really nice - unadulterated and simple - really good Mahita! :)

Kalyan said...

Mahita! Great Job...So wonderful...

Mahita said...

@Shubha

Thanks a lot :).

@Kalyan
Welcome and thank u :)

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

You are traversing yourself hrough a mirror? Were you sure that your right wasnt left behind?

Sashu... said...

Mahita!! thats awesome poetry!! :)

Su.. said...

o.. That sounds.. blurrred!! :)..

Told u - u have a sight problem.. duh!!

Mahita said...

@Prabhu

Attempted to... :)...

@Sashu
Thanks for the kind words.. :)

@Su
Very funny!! :)