Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Jun 23, 2010

Commuting On Cab!

As the vehicle weaves in and out of traffic at a speed of 60kmph - 80kmph in fifth gear, with the sudden breaks and the roller-coaster rides, the little life in me almost chokes in the throat and as my heart threatens to stop, I hold on to the support gear near the door and try not to cringe at the oncoming traffic. The driver, however is least affected by my antiques or the conversation behind me, where people sarcastically remark that there really is no hurry and that they want to reach the destination alive! Every morning - as the cool breeze rushes through my hair, I close my eyes and try to catch some sleep, only -the driver has other ideas about his passengers sleeping - perhaps because he does not have the luxury of closing his eyes while driving (LOL), he either applies a sudden break or takes a rash turn to the right or left. Oh, my driver is expert on cuts too… So obviously, I cannot sleep, which frustrates me to no end - as the speed is not convenient to read a book either. So basically the hour in the morning and evening is a total waste. And the evening is all together another matter, where the traffic continues to pile on and the 101.9FM radio gives a load of crap as conversation –this seriously drives me crazy. I cannot pick between the irk caused by the FM radio blabber and the driver’s hurry to complete his job. The narrow cuts and the no-care for the traffic rules are seriously irritating. But it is almost a comical watch when the vehicles move out of the way, almost in respect to this cab. I keep thinking that a royal heir is passing through the streets and that the traffic is a standstill, almost like a procession and waiting for it to pass, before resuming their life. Oh dear! It helps me to think that I would get out of the cab soon enough and that mine is the first stop – thankfully and the last board onto the cab!




Speed is fun when on an empty road – but it seriously is a pain, when you are worried, not just about your safety, but that of the people on the road and the fellow companions. But this is another experience to share and I being a very timid person might have exaggerated on the threat of life – but seriously, what if the break does fail? Or the other fellows vehicle stops in the middle of the road or another crazy cab driver or for that matter, a bus driver tends to overtake the cab and misjudges the distance and the speed? Law of nature- nothing ever is definite . So, despite my exaggeration, there tends to be a genuine concern on my part over the well being of people around me! Anyway, this cab drive thrills and adventures are short lived as we move out to a different work area and commute by bus, however, the bus drivers are not any better! Hmpf!

3 comments:

Su.. said...

Sometimes... You know 'SOME'times, if you can actually tell him 'Boss..Please drive slow' instead of passing sarcastic comments, you can live life peacefully. Even though the driver is in a hurry to dump the load onto some surface on the other corner of the city, a word or two from the passengers is something that he cannot disobey.

Threaten him with my name for a change at times :p :p :p...

Mahita said...

@Su,
Is that right?? :)

Su.. said...

Are you talking about the former part or the latter.

(former : tell the driver.. boss drive slow)
(latter: threaten him with my name)

Former : He may/may not listen to you.
Latter : You bet he will!!!