Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Jul 27, 2009

Hero

What is it about a hero that makes life enriching? The long ago scriptures of battles, wars, strategies and heroes somehow leaves me quite inspired and more importantly intrigued. I wonder if I was also a hero in those wars, if they ever did happen. But then, I wouldn’t mind, if I was a mere foot soldier, who stood up for a leader worth dying for. Or perhaps, I was the ruler worth dying for! Ha, fat chance, but then, my fantasy, so, well, what the heck?

I always loved reading about battles and wars, not because of the coldness of blood or I have some perverse sense of humanity, but because they make me remember that there was a whole different world, where people lived and breathed integrity and that, there was a time when more than money, it was the values in a person that made him or her a human. To be able to stand up for the belief you held is not an easy thing and when I read about the relentless pursuit of glory in conquering a land, I feel, lucky are they that they know what they crave for and what they are dying for and it seems that they lived a life, knowing that their day in the paths of glory will surely come and they would embrace their destiny to greatness and death.

I see them in the movies, I read about them in the books and I wonder, what is it with my life? It all boils down to that, right? Great battles are fought with a team of people who trust each other and are lead by warriors who believe in their team. The strategies are formed with the core strengths in mind and the team that stands united, makes their weakness fade into the shade as the embrace of their brothers and sisters enfolds them into their core strength and that is how a battle is won and the brothers and sisters are hailed as warriors, leaving the path of inspiration to people to dwell and aspire.

History speaks volumes on battles, warriors, queens, kings and above all, of the millions of soldiers who lost their lives for their loved ones. And to think that we are living in the times where love is a treason and that betrayal is as casual as salt in the ocean! Yet, here I sit, wondering if I can ever live a life, worth living and worth dying! Here I sit, wondering if there will ever be one story that will be ebbed in the heart of at least one soul when I rest in peace. I crave not for glory, but for one heart that would hold and embrace mine. I crave not for love, but for compassion. I crave not for lust, but for the trust. I crave not for words, but for integrity. I crave not for a companion, but for a friend. And yes, I crave to be a hero, to embrace the paths of history, to know I am living a life, worth dying, else, I have just filled a space on this earth that would be better supplied when I have made it empty!

5 comments:

adarkmarshbench said...

Must admit that this post pushed me into a sense of optimistic mind-set now, when I needed it the most.

I have to Thank you for those thoughts. It was almost like communicating offline. Keep it going.

Enjoyed reading it, as always.

Mahita said...

@Chandu,
Thank you for the warm words and glad that they connected... :)

Su.. said...

Mmm.. U have a very bad habit of writing posts which push the reader in a fix as to what the comment could be like..

Nana patekar in 'Krantiveer' used to talk a lot of sense with whatever stupid words popped outta his mouth...

N here u stand... Calling them your thoughts but describing reality in 4 tiny paragraphs...

a) The post rocks
b) It made me think what is my worth :(...


As far as your thoughts are concerned... All the best... you for sure will touch the souls of many pheepal existing out there :)...


Keep rocking... :) :) :)

VijayEnjoy said...

Truely loved this post for its essence, it so crispy and straight, thoughts resurfaced for me for a while after reading it, Mahita u rock dis time

Mahita said...

@Su
Stupid words.. :(.. well... OKie..
But glad you thought they made sense.. :)

@Vijay
Thank you for the kind words :)