Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Nov 19, 2008

Tag - I, Me and Myself - Past, Present and Future

Thank you Usha for tagging me :). Tagging being new to me, took sometime to understand what needs to be done…

The Tag
Two questions from the past, present and future. Answer them and then tag your friends from the blog-o-sphere. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and you are all set.

Yesterday

Your oldest memories

Amazing how things of past cling on to you as memories that last forever. And those memories drive us to live a life amidst every chaos that erupts round us. There are a bunch of memories in my casket, each extremely warm and beautiful. To pick one is likely to be a tricky task. C’mon, I need some help here, which one to pick??? Will pick a memory when I was about seven years old.

The kid in me fancied climbing hills, mountains, trees, buildings. But for a kid, do mountains or hills or peaks make sense? I think not, or I remember, trees and buildings are something that I thought should be mounted with extreme caution of a monkey. And I was very good at that. Dad and I used to go for a walk in a park behind our house and I love running, so I used to run in front of him while he was walking. I also fancied climbing the trees and jumping from one tree to another. That was an age where the world was mine. On one such day, a friend of mine accompanied us. Unlike me, she is very quiet and sure footed person, who preferred to walk rather than jump, which at that age, was extremely boring task for me. So, while she and dad were walking round the park, I was climbing the tallest tree I could find in that stretch of the park. After I have fancied my chances of being the fastest monkey in the history of Guinness book of world records, I decided to step down and fancy my chances with another and see if I could beat my own record. I looked down and there I find a dog, staring at me. While I could fathom thoughts of a broken hand or leg, getting injection for rabies or dog bite is not only unconceivable but also painful. So, I clung onto the branch of the tree, like my life depended on it. Well, it did!!! I was seven! I could not look around for my dad, for the leaves were pretty thick. So, I waited for a whole half hour, praying that someone would notice me. I was extremely tiny and I was very sure there was no person out there, who would think of looking at the top instead of looking straight or down while walking and I was also sure that I was doomed. Well, that is vee bit dramatic, I know! But then, I was thinking can’t anyone help me out. Dad on the other side was running from one corner to another, shouting my name and though I was darn sure I could here his voice, shouting my name with increasing panic, I could not raise my voice, lest I should seek the unneeded attention of the dog, that looked hungry by the passing minute and then, I would be dog-meat, literally! Then somehow, he started looking at the top, working backwards and suddenly he saw a small shoe hanging down the tree, just a tiny part of it. Appreciate his eye sight! And he walked down to the tree and saw me clinging onto the branch, with the most cutest face possible. Between laughter and anger, he managed some expression, that I can vividly recall and shooed the dog away and got me down the tree and we walked back home.

If anyone thinks that this must have taught me a lesson, nope, I did not stop climbing trees or buildings until I moved into an apartment, where there were rules against people talking above a certain decibel!!!! And that was a good four years later!

What were you doing ten years ago?

Well, I was being the most unruly teenager one can ever be. Having just entered the teen-age, I proved a challenge that no parents would have asked for and it has been an extremely daunting task for my parents to control me. Though I was not into TV or other unruly and undisciplined activities, I was a difficult kid to manage with the most stubborn characteristics that were not well received and hence strictly frowned upon, yet, had no effect on me. But this was also a time where I had learnt a valuable lesson that is still paying rich dividends – to face the consequences of my decisions. Accepting the grown up in me, my parents have decided to give me the “guarded” freedom that I should not misuse and I am glad I did not, though I have experimented enough with my life. And it was also a phase that brought me close to a person, who is one of my most valuable friends and the meeting was extremely strange and left a lasting impression on both of our lives.

Today

An engineer, with an over/under paid job :D… with too much time in hand and too many thoughts in mind. Being tuned to analyse everything, I now make my life more complex analysing the possibilities of eventualities that I cannot change and though I know very well that I cannot change anything that has to happen, tad bit philosophical, I still think of the possibilities, consequences, plan of action, alternate approach, etc… words I hear everyday, have become so much a part of me that without these thoughts for every action or consequential decision I take, I cannot come to a conclusion. Thanks to a set of friends who have a sane mind when I go insane, that is what friends are for, anyways :), I am managing to stay afloat and survive the rudders of life and navigate through the treacherous ordeals with a smile on my face and confidence in my heart.

Tomorrow

What do you see yourself doing 14 years from now?

Fourteen is a rather curious number!!! Wonder why it is fourteen, not ten or fifteen, but fourteen, precise!!! Future can hold packages that one cannot be prepared for and just as every day offers surprises better and worse, so does a future, fourteen years from now offer me… if I have to envisage myself, I would envisage myself as an entrepreneur giving a run for everyone’s pie and being a workaholic, packed with a schedule that makes it difficult to breathe and offering a little solace to people who care for me, for I already took them for granted that they would care for me with every baggage I carry, however heavy it might be! Alone, with too little time for self or for people and running against time for something that doesn’t have purpose.
Wonder why I would envisage a vision like this, when it could have been an extremely beautiful thought like having a family of my own and relishing the victories of my kids and sharing the proud moments with family! I see myself becoming a pessimist day by day and it scares me that I might be a grumpy old lady with a laptop a few years from now!!! But may be, just as life offers twists and turns at unpredictable intervals, it might not be that worse! I might be living in a cosy home, sipping a cup of coffee and planning for the day ahead and relishing the moment’s peace before the pandemonium of daily chores take over and I would still be a technocrat, managing a team, representing a company and releasing softwares to the market!

If you would build a time capsule, what would it contain?

Ha! It would contain the tiny memories collected over a period, Ayn Rand’s Fountain head, can’t do without it and my tweety :D and Rahul Dravid poster. It would contain the entire phase I spent with my grand father, who taught me life by example. It would contain my mom and dad, whose love for me is unconquered and grand ma, who loves her hopeless grand child, still!!! And dear friends, without whom I would have been an empty shell, void of all the beauty for life. Mmm, my diary and the quotes book, I still fancy jotting down a few from here and there, albeit randomly. And ofcourse, my laptop!  well, the list goes on and on, because the moment I pause and look around, I would see things I love. But honestly speaking, I would just want a back up of my memory and Ayn Rand’s Fountain head and I am set! Nothing can match the power or strength of human mind and though time capsule is a capsule of memories over a period of time, I already have a time capsule, my brain, that jots down every detail of the day and can recollect any detail from any corner of the life, to bring a smile or a frown.

Now that I have managed to thoroughly document extreme views, I too would like to tag a few people, out of which I trust only two might respond to the tag. :) Rest are in a deep slumber from the blogging world :(, though they are extremely articulate about their thoughts!!

Puri
Sand
Sri
Su

11 comments:

Usha Pisharody said...

I really do like the way you write! Well done, and I hope you did have fun doing it.

Thanks for taking it up so promptly!

Sandeep Balijepalli said...

yes yes
i will wake up and blog :D

Su.. said...

Boy!! I hope I am not among those two :p..

Mmm..Lemme articulate my thoughts and post a nice comment..

....

Mahita said...

@Usha,
Yes, I did enjoy doing it... :)

@Sand,
(YAWN!!)

@Su,
I was hoping for a good post :(... and i was counting on you...

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

It was almost like a time capsule for me.. All was growing great till the engineer talked about being a workaholic in few years... It snapped and came over it to know that I was only relating :|

Sagari said...

nice blogg

Sashu... said...

i loved the shoe hanging down part so much! hehehe!! brought smiles, this read :) thanks!!

Su.. said...

:).. Good that you know how to count.. The count starts from 2 right??
2,3,4 :p... Okie okie.. I will b writing soon but u very well know..Its not gonna be as kewl as urs :)!! (my story has no dogs :( monkeys neither :p)..

Mahita said...

@Prabhu,
Ha ha, unfortunate... :)... But may be, for all I know I might not be a workaholic, but I would be a tourist, moving at my whim to different places...

I should tag you too... not the past and present, but certainly about the time capsule...

Mahita said...

@ Sagari,
Thanks for stopping by...

@Sashu,
Glad I could bring a smile :), I too love that part... a tiny shoe hanging down...

@Su
Mmm, am I supposed to say thank you? ;)... The story might not have monkeys, but I am sure it will have DOGGY... :D...

Su.. said...

Gave it a try
"http://perilousprevaricator.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-me-and-myself-past-present-and-future.html"

:)