Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Oct 26, 2012

Queen of my heart

Standing there, in the middle of the room, surrounded by her photos, each picture a memory so powerful, that she had to force herself to look at another one, she looked positively stunned and overwhelmed. She stood there, in the middle of the room, trying to take a breath. As she labored through the breaths, she sat on the floor, her ears reverberating with chaotic words that shouted from all different directions. When she could not hold it in, she got up and ran out, not knowing where, just knowing she had to run out. She collapsed in the back yard, the cool breeze from the nearby fountain refreshing her sweaty face. She sat there, for a long time.

“Can you feel my love?”, a voice startled her from behind. The husky voice, with an authoritative timber in the tone had her heart stopping for a second and then, pounding a mile a minute. “Does it consume you?”, the same voice taunted, with an amused tone. “You cannot escape my love, stop running from me. I will find you, even on the other side.” The promise loud and clear. She got up and ran, the laughter from behind, reaching her ears. “You cannot run, not from me”, it echoed.

She ran for a long time, through the murky routes and the barren farms, practically to the next town before she paused to take a breath. She heard a car behind. She turned, her heart thumping in a suspended cardio work out. HE stepped out of the car with a smirk on his face, as a vision to behold. The power exuberating from him was an enigma to her.
“Told you, you cannot run from me. If I were you, I would get in the car and skip all the unnecessary drama”, he said. Why could she not run from him? How could he find her? She thought she would give another try, to run and not look back and this time to not come on the streets, where his car could follow.
“Don’t”, he commanded, reading the thought in her eyes. She could not move, his command a hypnotic bind on her heart and mind. She fought  to gain control on herself, cursing for turning back and looking at him. He lifted his hands, opening them, inviting her in. His eyes burning with the intensity of a hunter catching the prey.
“Come”, he commanded, an order she could not ignore. Her knees buckled beneath her. She struggled to stand and hold her fort.
“Come”, he ordered this time, his voice a lightning bolt, striking her mercilessly.
“Why is the command so powerful”, she thought. “His love is the power that held her to his heart. His love is the connection that bound them together. His love, wrapped around her, bounding her here, pulling her towards him. She could not escape his love, the overwhelming charisma of his unrelenting demand of her is something she could not run from”, she thought.

She walked towards him, succumbed to his hold on her. She collapsed in his arms, while he pulled her close to his heart and closed her eyes, as she felt the haven she had been running from. This feels right, yet it feels wrong, she thought. She cannot be his alone. She needs to be her own person. She needs to find her own place. She cannot just be his, the very thought is revolting, yet she cannot live without him. How confusing? Why can’t she find her peace by herself? She breathed in his scent, the arrogance in him reaching her veins, the confidence in his love rupturing her system, caressing it in a sensual haze, tormenting her to unbearable fantasies. “You belong to me. This is your place”, he said, hugging her tightly. “You can be anyone in the world, anywhere in the world. But, this is where you belong, to me, in my arms, the queen of my heart, the ruler of my universe. You cannot step down from that throne and leave me alone. I won’t let you do that”, his words an uncompromising promise. “I love you”, he said.

For now, she thought, I will live in his haven, as she hugged him back.

No comments: