Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Oct 28, 2008

My First Snow Fall

Mmm, with a trying day coming to an end and the weather being darn cold and an insufficient coat on my shoulders, I started walking down the road to my house along with another friend. And suddenly he exclaimed its snowing, I was thinking it was rain and suddenly, my black coat has a few specks of snow on it asserting the fact that it was snowing. Infact, as I am writing this and gazing out of the window, I can still see the snow fall and I am completely amazed and thrilled. After I reached home, the first thing I did is switch on the net and send across messages to all my friends saying I got wet in the snow. It was not half bad as it is now, but still, snow is snow. I made a few friends in a different place jealous about this experience too .

Hmm, backyard, fence, tiny tiny leaves, plants, trees, rooftops, footpath, road – all are covered with the snow and it does not look like it is about to abate anytime sooner and it looks like it is not in a hurry either. What is the big deal about snow anyways? Hmm, it is a biiiig deal to me! I have seen it only in the movies and to witness it in its spectre leaves me spellbound. With my heart willing to leap to a dream land, a hot cuppa of joe and lovely music, and a smile on my face, I am thoroughly enjoying this. It looks delightful and absolutely fantastic.

The soft and noiseless down pour of the snow, inviting and tempting… wish I have my friends here, I would have either dragged them out or played in the back yard, if only for a few minutes! Not that the temperature is something that I can withstand! I am not a person who feels cold to the extent where I would be shivering, but zero degrees is something I have never experienced and seeing it makes me want to go under a cosy blanket and not get up until the temperature is comfortable again! But the chill that runs down the spine, the chill in the intake of the cold breath, the sharp pain in the back of your head and the numbness of the hands and legs are well worth this, just to get that first snow into your body. Yes, I embraced it, with open arms, into me and I am glad I did it.

2 comments:

Su.. said...

Mmm.. So someone came across her first snowfall eh..Must have been a nice experience.. Sure u wud have had fun if frens were out there.. A proper snowball made with hands and bang --> u are on the floor :p... Wonder how bright things will be today.. White ofcourse :p..

I still havent come across my first snow fall and when I come across it I am very sure I will...mmm be in my house in some nice corner and covering myself up with 5-6 proper fat blankets :-(.. :p :p :p.. Dun worry-- will spare a few minutes to smash few snowballs on you before I go to sleep :)...

Keep writing snowy posts :)!!

Mahita said...

Thanks foe the comment Su :).