Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Oct 22, 2008

My Car Driving...

This is the gear rod and we have five gears to move forward and one gear for reverse. This is the steering wheel and this is clutch, brake, accelerator in that order. Now, first, you need to turn on the engine (not the car, but the engine, no wonder the lesson is hard to follow!), check the gear if it is in neutral, floor the clutch and hold the brake and turn the key clockwise. That is it! Now, shift the gear to the first, slowly release the clutch, slowly!!!! Ok, not a problem, start the engine again, neutral, shift, hold on, hold on.. ok… not a problem, lets do it one more time, and let me just tell you what to do first. You need to release the clutch slowly, when you can see the vehicle move a little, floor the accelerator, got it? A nod! Perfect. Lets do it. I took a deep breath and went into the routine again, clock wise, clutch, shift gear, accelerator. Damn it, move!!!!! Release slowly, damn it! Slow, S, L, O, W – slow, got it??? SLOW? OK.. No need to freak out, give me a break, else I will be a nervous wreck!
Ok, one more time and I ain’t doing it, I ain’t touching this damn vehicle again in my life! Hmpf! Its now, you or me, engine, You or ME… lets see…

Clock wise – wow – lovely humming
Floor the clutch, shift the gear…
Deep breath, here goes nothing, except my will to learn the vehicle…
Release and floor…. Yippeeee… moving.. moving.. it is not that hard see… oh god, a turn, what do I do, what do I do? Turn it right, turn it right, all the way, all the way, this is not power steering damn it, you need to twist your hands, move it, move it… Oh God!!! My hands! Thank god, mine is power steering!!! Ok… now, go… go and go… one more round.. and this time, lets try second gear, shall we??? Mmm, okie… what ever you say, you are the master. OK..

Pull off the road and switch off the engine and lets start all over again. Ok…

Lesson 1 – Round 2
Engine on, clutch, gear and accelerator…
Why is not moving damn it!!!
Second gear!!! First gear!! But then, you said we will try in second gear! Ha, you got to see his face to believe it! Damn it, girl, vehicle gears are a progression. First, first, second second, third third….
You want to increase the speed, you go up the gear, you want to decrease the speed, you lower the gear and press on brake, got it??? He forgot that I am a wiki for questions and that this particular order will come back to haunt him in his future lesson!!! Ok.. start it all over again and this time, focus! First gear, then second gear. Ok…
Engine on, clutch, gear, accelerator…
First gear and accelerator and second gear…. Stalled!!! You moved to the second gear too fast, you need to pick up speed before you go to the second gear. Ok.. how am I supposed to know that? Just too many rules, I will not be able to learn this vehicle in my life! …
One more time, first gear, floor the accelerator, see this, if this touches 10, then change the gear to second, clutch – gear – release – accelerator, got it? Yup, easy….
Engine, clutch, gear, accelerator… first gear.. moving!!!!! Touched, clutch, gear, release SLOWLY, accelerator… see…. Smoooooooooth, lovely.. brake, brake.. you need to press the brake hard damn it, what if you hit the person? Get going, you don’t want to stop in the middle of the road. No No, you need to start from the first, vehicle is at a halt, first gear, accelerator and then second… OKIE… deep breath, clutch, first gear, move it mister.. coooool, then second… wow…

Ok.. pull over, this is your lesson for the day, we will try out tomorrow, you did quite well!!!
Thank u…

Hmpf! That was my first car driving lesson. The end though was tragic, I fail to understand why he could not say that I was bad and that I was a night mare of a student? Why mocking me with a statement that I was good, when I was pathetic. SIGH! There came a series of lessons, where in I got into the nuances of the car. Somehow completed the training, but I cannot yet drive the car. How was it any different from school or college? Stipulated time, under paid staff, sometimes over paid, uninterested teacher and a flabbergasted and overwhelmed pupil. All in all, the end product is a dissatisfied student who SOMEHOW managed to get past this hurdle, thank god!!!

You fail to imbibe confidence in your student, however good a teacher you may be, you still are a failure. That is a fundamental point. Thank god, my parents believe in me, with the questions I have in my mind, if my parents had questions about my ability to succeed in my life, I would have been a nincompoop!!! But, the dream of driving a car might remain as a dream, for all I know.

I love the feel of the steering in my hands, I love the freedom of movement I get, when I am in my vehicle and I love to ride fast on the roads and allow the wind move past me… I love moving aimlessly, miles together and the thrill it brings along with it…. Will there ever be a car I can ever drive?? :D….

4 comments:

Purnima said...

Certainly, there would be car! All you need is li'l more patience with self. I suggest, try over there once. Should be good exp!

I could cross all these phases petty confidently but on the roads over here, you never know people come from which corner to test ur ability! I confess, that I was more than lazy to stop my driving! Stupid Gal I'm! :-(

And about the teacher stuff, thanks dear, you gave me an awesome idea! hehehe..

Su.. said...

Haha.. Nice post..

Wonder if the car was the wrong one :p.. Well one can always feel more happy and comfortable blaming the other person.. Blame the car.. Damn-- it is a bad car :p :p :p !!!

Mahita said...

Wow, that was a fast reaction!!!

Puri, if u have crossed those hurdles, it is mattter of time before u r confident of ur driving... Me, I am impossible in this!!!

Su, yeah! the car is the wrong one.. too many things to do.. :P

krvenkats said...

Oh! There are quite a few gearless cars these days (not fuel economic though!!), that could be quite easy hands on for you. Pretty well described, we all had same thoughts when we learnt in first place. Atleast driving in UK should be damn easy as not much of traffic, no one crosses unncessarily, responsible driving, no horrfying horns (people do blow horn only to yell each other)...good value for money. Have fun.