Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Sep 18, 2009

What does this make me?

Life’s roads are travelled by one and many, yet few make choices that seem to take them to much darker places, with the teasing glory an arm’s length away. Few waver and few fumble, but there are a few, who walk through the road, undeterred by the cataclysm that might strike them in an unseen future and few, fumble in the last step and give up. Yet, each life is an experience to learn from, every step taken either forward or backward is a foothold for a fellow comrade. Along these paths, we meet people, with different perceptions and different facets, each intriguing and few disheartening. That providence meet can last an impression so strong that it might eventually change the path in which one traverses and few are disheartening that the foot steps fumble along the way. Its like a maze, each step has a million routes to take, a step in one direction can change the future and perhaps a step in another direction might bring you in a full circle and you are where you started, only, with more experience.

Brain sorts these experiences, categorically, each moving a step up and few moving a step down and a corner for special cases to remember and to learn from. And I had a profound experience lately, though it did not make me ponder so much about life or worth or people, it did give me an insight into the acuity of people. One need not be a psychologist to understand the basic psychology of a person, a slight observation with a fern's acumen is sufficient, but can one presume to understand that person in a day? Even a psychologist, sure as hell cannot understand a person completely. Every page offers a new script, the past is a mystery, the future too is a mystery, the present, well, depends on the person. Few are mysterious, few are intriguing, few are fascinating, few are plain dull and few are full of life. But, are these the actual faces of the person? Or are these facades, behind which lies the actual person? Should one try and unmask this façade? Should one try and presume that they could unmask that façade? Or should one just plainly accept the present moment and be done with it?

The second face, the naked face that lies beneath the carefully constructed masks of each person comes to surface in the dire situations that actually speak volumes about the person and there are few who notice those second faces. Honestly, the difference might be a momentary word or an unguarded laugh, where the thin mask is shred and out comes the self. Can one find out such differences in the first, second, third meetings? Perhaps a month? Perhaps a year? The words that travel mouth to mouth, ear to ear, heart to heart – each have a stamp on them, but none are original. But if these words are in your mind and the garbled body language the person is communicating might be hard to understand and more importantly, with a preconceived notion, if one interprets the faces in front of them, they might lose a chance of meeting someone truly inspiring, yet, many a day, we tend to ignore the heart’s message to not listen to slanderers. Yet, we indulge in this hideous notion of slandering, without even knowing the person! And, we entertain the fantasy of knowing another person.

Words, they sting, but they still embrace me. Nothing communicates faster than the words written. Those very words can slice a heart too as they can teach you to watch the step you take. But then, honestly, should every word be considered and pondered? Is it worth the effort to even comprehend their meaning, when they mean nothing to you? If I choose to ignore those drops of poison, does that make me a loner? If I choose to answer back, does that make me an arrogant person? And if I choose to still accept people and speak my mind out, does that make me less empathetic to them? If I choose to show the person their place if the word or rebuke is unwarranted, does that make me proud and conceited? If I choose to not let myself be run down by their perception of me, am I aloof? Why cannot one understand that the people I am surrounded with, are all having their own life that is far too important and have a time that is much more important and if the person is adept at filtering through the bullshit, sugar coating a word does not take the sting away? If I believe that every person should cut through the icing because it does not take us anywhere, should I force myself to be flattering yet sarcastic?

Yet, with all these thoughts, I can only thank my stars, that I can block the unnecessary and continue the journey in my life without a care to the presumptuous pompousness that neither requires an acknowledgement nor consideration! But if one wants to perceive that I have an attitude, here is a little something to ponder: Dude, get a life and live it, rather than trying to make mine enriching and fulfilling. Thank you very much!!!

6 comments:

Purnima said...

Hehehe.. That's an interesting post. Awesome flow of thoughts.

Remembered a song, an oldie..

kuch tho log kahenge
logon ke kaam hai kehna
are..chodO bekaar ki baatein
kaheen beegh na jaaye nainaa

Well, about understanding and knowing a person.. aah, that doesn't happen. People just presume they know you, whereas all they have is imagination of you or have put you under the traits of the crowd they've already seen. That is all! People call you as their best friend, people behave as if they know the in and out of you.. and at the end, reduce you to their understandings. That's the sad part.. but that's the world.

Just as good times and bad times, people happening to you also can leave a good or bad taste of memory. That's okay. No one's life stops, no matter what. And when it does stop, nothing else matters.

Cheers!

Mahita said...

@Puri
:)...
"No one's life stops.. no matter what. And when it stops, nothing else matters".. how true...

And agree to the part that they reduce us to their understanding...

Su.. said...

@Purnima...

kuch tho log kahenge
logon ke kaam hai kehna
are..chodO bekaar ki baatein
kaheen beegh na jaaye nainaa..

wonder if the last line was
"kaheen beeth na jaaye reina" - i may be wrong for all you know :)...


@ the blog owner :p...

There exists something called as simple and plain English... That actually can be used while writing a blog - wud make it convenient for 'ME' to read the blog and understand instead of hitting ctrl + alt + w to open wordweb each and every time I encounter a word which is not available in my dictionary of words :(...nevertheless... Luv ur blogs - each and every one... (U know I am a born prevaricator... few of ur blogs do not have that spark but few of them do rip me away :) )... This onez an ossom one...

I do agree with what purnima said.. Probably most of them presume a lot about a new person unless you actually get to know that person... Narrow mindset can actually be blamed for it... But you cannot really shy away from the reality - few persons can actually read a fellow person... How does this happen is something out of my senses but I do know it happens.. Please wiki if you need proof for this statement of mine.. I aint responsible lady :)...

And btw... Do keep blogging... More often if possible...

I will keep repeatin myself... Ur post rocks! :)...

Purnima said...

@Su: Thanks for the correction! :) But I wanted to put something across.. which I did.

adarkmarshbench said...

.....Every page offers a new script, the past is a mystery, the future too is a mystery, the present, well, depends on the person. Few are mysterious, few are intriguing, few are fascinating, few are plain dull and few are full of life. But, are these the actual faces of the person? Or are these facades, behind which lies the actual person? Should one try and unmask this façade? Should one try and presume that they could unmask that façade? Or should one just plainly accept the present moment and be done with it?....

Girl! these were really good questions...Truthful, and hence hitting hard

One thing for sure, you are a Loner only if you cannot even hear your voice, and you stop thinking. Until that point of time - you are never alone.

As I see it, experiences help to become indifferent or rather balanced for emotions - to eliminate things not in our control and thing under our control. Our whole perspective of life takes a beating every single day to understand the same truth. To be or not to be....like that!

I can understand the intensity of the post, and I am sure you can bounce back, or rather, continue living the way you lived for all these years, you do a terrific job in that regard.

~C

Mahita said...

@Chandu,
Thank you :)... I completely agree with you on the point that if one cannot hear their inner voice, they truly are alone...

And yes, most of us find the same predicament every single day, to be or not to be... but those who care a damn about these will be treated as the enemies of society, since they are cold blooded. How sad can it get?