Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Dec 5, 2009

India are on top of the world!



Team India with the Jaypee Cup, Mumbai, India vs Srilanka, 2009

I am inspired. I am euphoric. I am brilliantly happy. India is the best in the world test cricket and that is no small achievement. The journey started under the realm of Sourav, cannot quite forget the team that started believing in themselves and moved forward. And now, under an unassuming captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the dream is fulfilled. “We need to maintain it.” I cannot even think of the number of years I have yearned to see our team beat the best of the best and stand top of the world. When I started watching cricket, 1996 World cup against Pakistan in Bangalore, where I learnt about cricket overnight, I have to say, I had lesser dreams of the team, but when I saw India in England in the 1999 tour, that is when I started believing in something more than just cricket. That is when cricket ceased being “just cricket” and became an inspiration to me. Every run scored and every wicket taken and every run saved, all seem to teach me more. But, truly, the faith restored by the “Team India”, after the unspeakable “match-fixing” scandal and to rise above all that to stand where they are today, is an outstanding achievement. Congratulations!!!

The lone light shining brightly, fell for a beauty of a delivery in the morning and it was a matter of time, for the innings victory and boy, did it come, or what? Indian team has out performed in every department to stand atop Srilanka and the world too!!! Sehwag, what a cricketer? The magic he weaves on his spectators can only be undone by him. The poise with which he plays, shuts out every other non-technicality and just fills the brain with the breathtaking strokes that leave one gasping for more. The support he got from his batting partners, first from Murali and then from Rahul, of course, was fantastic. Not to take away the contributions or Sachin, Yuvi, Dhoni, Laxman. If they are the layers of the cake, Sehwag is the icing. Zaheer, man, it feels so good to see his bowling! Just the run up to the crease, fills me with a tremendous amount of pride. To see an Indian bowler, charge into the batsman and the sweet music of the ball hitting the deck hard, can anything beat that? Not even Sachin’s straight drive!

Today, we stand as a proud nation and I feel so glad to witness this history (two back to back pieces in the history – 100th test win and world number one) and pray, I will witness our journey in holding onto this slot in future. But, whatever future unfolds, today is “the present” and it is brilliant and I want to savour this moment, for as long as I can savour it. The turn, the catch, the shout and the “hip-hip-hooray”, are ingrained in my mind and it will take some doing to forget this happy moment. Thank you Guys, for the inspiration. I love my team.
Congratulations Team India!!!!!

3 comments:

Purnima said...

Hmmm.. so fast! :)

Yeah, we are on the top of the world. Congratulations.

Mahita said...

Congratulations !!! :)

Su.. said...

Kangaroo relations :)