Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Jan 12, 2010

It's Raining!!!

I absolutely love the weather at this moment. It is cold, it is windy and more importantly, its raining. I cannot quite understand why I ever cursed school, back then. I sit here in the office, wondering, what shackles hold me to my seat when my heart wants to leap out of this chair and get drenched in the rain. What difference is it from when I sat in the school, listening to the drone in the class, while my heart counted the rain droplets, to that of sitting at the desk and listening to the rain drops out here? I can only think of one, I was afraid I would get a cane if I stare out of the window and here I sit, staring out, though I do not fear the cane, I cannot quite understand why I cannot jump out of my seat and dance, “Its raining!”.

It is a torrent and as the gentle cadence of the raindrops reaches my ears, I write this post and that is the ONLY thing that binds me to this desk. Well, that and the thing that I cannot afford a leave at the beginning of a year. Why, oh, why cannot we have flexible timings? Why cannot we just get out of office when we want to and come back later! I want to get drenched in that down pour… I want to taste those droplets, ah, so divine and I want to feel the droplets on my face, as I welcome them and embrace them. Standing there, rain water dripping through my clothes, eyes closed in an attempt to savour that feeling of life in me, wow, that is close to ecstasy and nothing would beat it. It is not like I want to get wet ALL the time. But, today, there is this craving that I need to walk out and surrender myself to the mercy of the nature. There is this yearning for it. I hope it lasts for the rest of the day at least; I can see it out of the window and feel happy.

Groan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before I could even let my imagination soar any higher than it already it, the rain stopped!!! Such a teaser man!!!!

4 comments:

Chandrasekhar said...

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.

Few days ago, it was a nice chilly winter rain here and celebrated it with a coffee and a smoke!

That was a good description of such a simple thing - but nothing less than the most beautiful thing of nature!

Good one!

Mahita said...

:), Yo.. That is true, yet, don't you feel like going into that rain and getting wet?? :D...
Ofcourse, I too celebrated it with coffee :)

Purnima said...

:)

Su.. said...

Hahhaa... Rain tempts me big time...

I have a short tiny memory with the rain thing which relates back to ma school days... Initially I used to search for a shelter but once I was fully drenched(all shelters were occupied by the highly qualified jerks who were a lil extra smart and a lil extra fast in reaching the place where I reached about 10 min late :( neways ..so ) it was like - wth! Lemme get wet properly now...

N apparently at some point of time I used to shiver and I felt like peeing... Used to search where to pee and all but finally thought.. O hello.. M drenched... Dint bother finding a place then... :)

Sounds gross but I wish I could get a chance to do that again... I wish I could be the same kid again.. Living life without a thought about who is watching me and why...

I wish..