Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

May 30, 2009

Good Luck Team India for T20 - year 2

For a change, seeing India being the favourites for the ICC world T20 championship kind of makes me queasy. For as long as I have watched cricket or I have at least followed the tides of Indian cricket, I do not remember them being tagged favourites. And the Indian cricket journey has been exactly like a tidal wave eager to rise and faster to fall, never reaching the shore, but showing great promise. Well, that cannot actually be an analogy coming from an Indian and certainly not a fan, but then, can’t help. The pessimism borne out of years of disappointment is hard to forget. The pandemonium of expectations, the miracle that seemed to have introduced the T20 to the world, the dream final, Sreesanth’s catch of Misbah, the almost slip and miss and the victory savoured, still remain fresh.

I hope to see good cricket, being the pessimist that I am, but I root for India and with a prayer on my lips, hope to see them victorious. More importantly, I would like to see the way our team shall evolve, what with the usual names like Sachin, Sourav, Rahul, Anil… all being a thing of past, or rather, all graciously fitting into the role of seniors, paving way to the exuberance and arrogance of youth. I hope this T20 will be as exciting as it was last year …. My only worry is that neither Sehwag nor Gambhir have been in their act and clearly that would be one of our gravest concerns considering that they are our celebrated opening pair and though Sehwag has always been unpredictable, it still is a cause of worry! I am not worried about finishers, for Dhoni, Yuvraj, Rohit Sharma all have the grit to go for the kill, but do they have it in them to take through to the winning run while chasing is something I will have to wait and watch! I shall borrow and trust Sachin’s words, “India seems to thrive on pressure…”, and since he has been a part of that team and know its workings, I will leave the subtle commentary of my little knowledge and wait for the time to roll on and show me the answers. 

Good Luck Team India!!

1 comment:

Su.. said...

:)...