Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

May 26, 2009

Something else is more important than fear...

I was trying to change the look of my blog and decided I am not really cut out for creativity . I tried the templates offered, but somehow I am just not satisfied. Tweaking it either did not make their look wonderful. SO, guess, it is no surprise that I am back to the old one, which looks serene and pleasant. I am avid to change, yet, few things that are mine remain constant. Wonder why!

I was watching Princess Diaries today in Star Movies. There are lots of splendid words and mannerisms in the movie, but one statement stood out.

“Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.”
It got me thinking, which is a very bad idea basically. But then, who would stop me?

Why think too much into the future that the present is blurred behind a mask of anxiety? Knowing that this is what I truly want, because this is what I believe in gives me the courage to stand tall and face the consequences of the decisions I take in my life. Knowing what is important at this point of time and acting on it and leaving the rest for the time to unveil is the best possible way to live a life. Why suffer every waking moment with indecisiveness? Why suffer every moment when every action I take will make someone or the other unhappy with my actions? And if that makes me self-centred, think again. I am just doing what I truly want because I refuse to torment myself for the rest of my life just to gain a momentary bliss or happiness. And I do not think it is wrong. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up for what you love. It takes even more courage to break into pieces the very mirror of love that you hold in your heart. The break will forever be visible, even when the mirror shatters into the tiniest possible pieces, love will show itself when you look at it, a thousand times multiplied. It takes greater amount of courage to turn your back on it and walk away in one piece.

Knowing what not to fear is another trick that life does not offer easy. I mean, how can one not fear the emotional bonding? How can one not fear that the love for one will break another? How can one not fear the consequences? Guess, that is why, however well one is prepared for life, there is always a surprise lurking round the corner, making it interesting. The one with mettle of steel walks though the surprise, while the cautious are left helpless and at the mercy of fate. Though the weight is not on, since being cautious reduces the problem to half, it also increases the journey’s length many fold, when every journey is for eternity! Guess that is why the cautious outlive the brave, for the brave run through to embrace the destiny through the dangerous curves of life!

2 comments:

Su.. said...

"Guess that is why the cautious outlive the brave, for the brave run through to embrace the destiny through the dangerous cruves of life! "

Though there is a spelling mistake(hint hint)- this post is ossom..

I have a question though...

Are you brave or cautious?

If you are brave - be cautious enough to answer this question!!..


If you are cautious - be brave enough NOT to answer this question.. :p

Mahita said...

@Su

Thanks for being kind enough to let me know ... u might have noticed the difference :D.

Hmmm, I am humble enough to admit that life's lessons test my patience and I dance to the tune, swaying this way and that and so far managed through being brave... (I guess I was cautious in answering the question, else I would not have chosen such a circuitous route of answering it ;) )