Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

May 26, 2009

25 Random Things about me!

Chandu put me in a fix here and I guess, he put everyone of you who would be reading this into a fix too! Proceed with caution and at your own peril, but be warned, curiosity never saved the cat! (or something like that!)

Well, 25 things about me? May be that would be really boring! But then, I cannot resist the temptation of going back to the good old school days of filling up the slam book, just that now, I am more aware of what I am than I was a good nine to ten years ago. (God! Has it been really that long since I completed schooling? Well, makes me feel OLD!)

1. I adore Rahul Dravid. If there is one person I blindly admire it is him. (But surprisingly, I never thought that I need to meet him, even to catch a glimpse of him.)
2. My grand father has been a driving force behind me and I still have a tough time comprehending the fact that he is not around me to steer me forward!
3. My parents are the only people who ever loved me and I believe that from the bottom of my heart.
4. I hated computers and everything related to it and truly believed that they are a bane to the human existence. I don’t think I was wrong in that they do make the life tad bit monotonous, but then, what the heck, I am a software engineer and my day starts and ends with me sitting in front of computer! This is something I call an irony!
5. I wanted to be a part of Indian Military Force and that idea never actually left me until I was literally forced to take a Computer Science engineering seat forgoing my scholarship for Marine Engineering, for at that time the only thing that appealed about Marine Engineering is that I would be working on a Naval base and would be cruising on ships or camouflaged submarines. Well, even now I think that would have been a far better life!
6. I give the impression that I am a very reserved person, not easy to get along with. People generally are a bit scared of talking with me. (:O). I wonder if it is because they think I talk too fast!
7. I come off as a traditional, next door neighbour, until someone talks with me and realizes that I am far too independent to be called conventional.
8. I love reading books, particularly novels with action and adventure. Give me a book with an action packed drama and even a detonation cannot bring me back to reality! I tend to read a novel, not just as a hobby, but as an essential part of my daily life. I also read it to avoid the restlessness of my mind.
9. Fountain Head has been my favourite book till date and there still is no book that touched me as this book did. It was a present from my professor and I am indebted to him forever for that wonderful gift.
10. I either do something or I don’t, there is no middle ground for me.
11. I stick to my word, no matter what and because of this, I have no patience for people whose actions directly affect my promise to someone.
12. My anger lasts but a second. But in that one second there is an eruption that would put a volcano to shame.
13. People call me stubborn and arrogant, but they also call me sensitive and emotional. I always wonder how they all fit into a single definition of me!
14. I am not impulsive unless I am very angry and generally I go shopping, if I am maddeningly angry and spend senselessly on things that mean little an hour after purchase. But I do not regret it, the arrogant that I am, I stick by my choices and live with the consequences.
15. I tried singing, dancing, painting, running, badminton – before deciding I did not have much patience with singing and dancing or painting. I was a sprinter, to say the least and I played badminton well, before my love for books took most of my time that I hardly put foot before another without reading anything that is printed in the immediate vicinity, which lengthened the ten stride walk to my house from five minutes to twenty minutes!
16. I have an amazing ability to deal with my inner turmoil without disturbing people round me, in that, I used to run until I was out of breath and with no thought in my mind except exhaustion out of the physical exercise! I later turned to drawing complex structures on a paper focusing on drawing a three dimensional square/graphite from the largest to smallest. Now I simply replay the scenario in my head until the hurt or anger reaches a certain point beyond which it is just a thing of past.
17. Looking at me, it would be very difficult to understand what is going on in my head. And sometimes my friends wonder if I lost my mind, for my talks are as difficult as my thoughts.
18. When decided, I rarely heed to advise and am willing to eternal damnation than walk back on my thoughts. There is only one occasion I have ever done that and I am not very proud of it.
19. I do not forgive easy, neither do I forget.
20. I am my own friend, companion and I enjoy solitude. I am afraid of groups of people, not because I cannot get along, but because I am afraid they think I am being uncomfortable and try and make me comfortable, when they are making me more uncomfortable. I love my company and I enjoy being quiet and observing people than filling up minutes with tattle.
21. I am comfortable in silence, when it generally is treated as insult, I tend to think it more of a luxury.
22. A thousand things go through my head in a flash and I keep wondering why it does not explode!
23. I tend to be point blank that is not easily digested by all, which puts me in a sorry position more often than not.
24. I tend to get restless when I am inactive and then, I am my own nightmare, in that the growing restlessness gives impossible ideas that drive me and people round me crazy.
25. I do not use words easy and so if I am using a word with a strong meaning, it means that I want to convey that I have a strong feeling for or against a particular thing. A lot of people do not understand that and I tend to get frustrated because of it.

Well, that probably would have been a journal! I do not think any of the above would come as a surprise to anyone who would have talked to me for more than a couple of times! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Rahul Dravid, you should have met him last Summer at the IPL. Never mind - Go to some match in Bangalore or wherever. Few things make you happy and there should be nothing to stop that happiness. My 2 cents.

4. This is funny and true in most people's life at least of our times.

5. This is surprising

7. This is very true :)

16. This is a nice and unique stress buster I guess.

All in all a good read and yeah, it was good to know that. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thanks for listening to my tag :)

Now sit back and enjoy reading your friend's 25 things.

Purnima said...

:)

Mahita said...

Hey Chandu, Thanks...

@Puri
Waiting for urs... :)

Su.. said...

Yayyyy...Nice read yet again...

The 22nd point is actually something that I am not able to digest.... I did not know that
1000000^N = thousand!

6th - scared... of you? :p...

oooo...m so scared...

Good read... But do correct the 22nd point with the right figures.. I know mathematics is the subject you were weak in :)...


Keep blogging :)...

Mahita said...

@Su,

thanks for the wonderful insights :P...

Guess u r ready to post ur random things, one for sure would be that u r the most laziest person one can ever meet ;)...

Su.. said...

I - lazy... Dun think so :)...


I tried remembering a lot of things but I ended up with this... :)... Try taking the pain of going through this... God - have mercy on her :p..