Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Jun 11, 2009

Battles are always fought alone...

But for you, this attempt would be in vain,
Yet I write to dissuade my pain!

Someday you will know to overcome your fears…
Someday, when all is lost and nothing remains, you will learn to be brave…
Someday, when you need someone and you find yourself alone, you will know that life’s battles are always fought alone…
That day, when you need someone, think of me…
I promise not to be there, for I am not one to forgive…
But I will ache for your attempts in vain, to reach beyond the dearth,
That day, I will weep, seeing you fumble, for I chose my path!!
Blissfully ignoring your chivalry, I walk ahead,
A mirthless laugh, a careless word, was it worth it?
It doesn’t matter!

You took away from me, a thing of value,
I am not above foolishness, knowing the bungle in my ways,
I steer through the muddied waters, through the murk, where my doom lurks,
Hell hath less fury than a scorned woman, goes the saying,
I walk ahead, to the precipice and into the hell,
Where I mourn me…

Goodbye, my love, don’t think of me,
You will rise again and into paradise,
My will and wish for your glory…

4 comments:

mythili said...

so well written that the pain it depicts can be felt by a reader even with out experiencing it ever before.
I am really touched.

I think the cliched saying, "Only thing that remains constant is change" or "Time is the best healer" is somehow connected to the whole thing. I wud really like you to think about it and 5 yrs down the line, I hope to read the continuation of this.. Only with a Happy Ending...

Mahita said...

@Myth...
Wow, this is a pleasant surprise, to see you back on my blog... Thank u for dropping a comment... it means a lot :).

Well, the cliche also goes that Happy endings are fairy tale stuff :D...
But, then, every life might be an evolving fairy tale?? What do u think?

Su.. said...

Wonder if I could ever pen down such thoughts so beautifully..

Loved the blog :)... Its ossom!!!

Mahita said...

@Su

THank u :)