Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Jun 14, 2009

!! Betrayal !!

DISCLAIMER: This is a fictional story. All the characters are fictional. The incident itself is a creation. Any resemblance to people or to the situations in the real world, is purely coincidental.


---------------------------------------

“Betrayal! Long ago I heard these words, not exactly those words, but the essence and years ago, the pain was as acute as it is today and if years have taught me anything, well, I thought they taught me how to deal with words, but alas, they have not taught me how to deal with pain! Words are the cause of pain, I can ignore the words, but can I ignore the pain?”

Maggie sat stuffed with her teddy, softly caressing it and lost in the chain of thoughts, leaving her vulnerable than ever. She wished she could do justice to herself. Why is she inflicting this upon herself?

“Go ahead Mom, I am tired of telling you to leave me alone. You want it, just do it, but do not expect me to keep jumping up and down and say, ‘yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy’. You want something, you got it, now can’t you leave me alone?”, she spit out before she could understand what she was talking.

“I have left you alone, giving you space and time. How long? I care for you, we care for you and we cannot see you suffer like this”, her mother wailed.

“What is mine, is mine alone, can’t you understand that?”, Maggie whined.

“And can’t you understand that you are mine? And what is yours is mine too?”, her mom countered.

Knowing this could go on forever, Maggie shut herself up and plugged in her music. She could hear the faint words, yet they are lost as her train of thoughts threatened to leave her insane. She let out a wail, that pierced through her thoughts and she closed her eyes, letting the tears slide down. The quiet anguish of her mother lost in her mutiny, until another day. This is not the end, she knew it, neither was it a beginning. It was a continuous struggle, between conscience, practicality, trust and love.

“Don’t you trust us?”, her mother’s voice echoed, like a shriek of pain in the midnight’s silence, breaking whatever sanity she held. Betraying herself, she swallowed the pain and let the anger flow. She suppressed her anger and said, “Trust on you has nothing to do with this.”

The silence that followed had nothing to do with the people in the room being quiet, each lost in their train of thoughts. Another attempt, another persuasion, another goading and the conclusive silence – everyone’s life. The love, the ripple, the hurt, the betrayal –too, a part of everyone’s lives.

4 comments:

Su.. said...

:(...

Could you please write a story with a vely vely yappy ending??

Purnima said...

Su: hahahhahahaa

Mahi: Good one!

Sushma said...

Good one Mahita.. I liked it especially because I could relate myself to every word of this post :), though I do not want to face yet another one again ;)

Mahita said...

@Su

WIll give it a try :)

@Puri
Thank you!

@Sushma
Welcome to my blog and thank u for the kind words. I sincerely hope you will not face it... :