Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Aug 11, 2009

'I will' to 'I want'

A few years ago,
Some Day:
“Daddy!!! I want to be a star!”
“Why?”
“Stars twinkle, stars are bright and stars make me smile.”
“OK.”

Another Day:
“Dad! I will be a teacher!”
“Why?”
“I don’t have to do homework.”
“OK”

Some Another day:
“Dad! I will be a pilot.”
(SIGH – inaudibly) “Why?”
“Because I can fly!!”
Smiles, “OK”.

As days passed, these conversations of ‘I will be’, became distant. I wonder if he still waits around to see me walking into the room, filled with conviction, saying, “Dad, I will..., because of so and so”. With coming up of age and the convictions becoming more pronounced, the “I will”, became, “I want” and the will to do something transformed to a want of nothing! I wonder if he still awaits this incessant change of heart of a young kid, his young kid. Does he know that his little girl still remains his little girl and will forever remain like that, no matter what I would be or where I would be? Does he wish that I remained a little kid who slept on his belly or cuddled closer to him in the sleep with arms round his neck? Perhaps not! But he might wish that I would some day walk into the room and say, “I am this and I will be this”, rather than asking of him, “I want this.” Perhaps, he is waiting for a change of heart and a jubilant smile!! (SIGH)

7 comments:

Vijayenjoy said...

Good one...... no comments apart from that lol.

adarkmarshbench said...

I think it's 'I want' to 'I will' :) or am I wrong :D

Nice one!

Mahita said...

@Vijay
:), Thank you

@Chandu
Down the lane of life, the concept of 'I want' and 'I will' became a bit murky. But I am sure he would want to accept the changing 'will' than the yearning 'want'. At least, he can look forward to the change rather than the stubborn 'I want this' ;)..... It makes him breathe easy!!! :)

Purnima said...

:)

Mahita said...

@Puri
:)... funny, ain't it?

iBrains said...

:) :)

Mahita said...

@iBrains
Welcome to my blog.. :)