Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Nov 28, 2008

!!Happy Friendship day (Prevaricator)!!

“A friend is one to whom one may pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.”



For a dear friend who taught me that life is not to frown but to smile, that a warm word can go a long way and that a gesture is worth a thousand words…
For a friend who was kind to read me the verses of my life, when I seem to have forgotten them…
For a friend who trusted me when my trust was broken,
For a friend who loved me when I lost a reason to live,
For a friend who brought me the most tender smiles that took my breath away,
For that friend, I can only say,
Thank you, for being a part of my life and bringing in a charm in a phase where I couldn’t trust my shadow,
Thank you for living through my nightmares and feeling them, yet holding me and saying it’s gonna be alright,
Thank you for the belief, kindness and love that you bestowed upon me, unasked and undeserved…

A journey that began a year ago, the day you thought you would never want to talk with me ever again, for I seem to have too much of an attitude for you to handle, to a phase where we seem to out grow each other, is a rather remarkable journey, don’t u think? Friends hold a special place in my heart and I have been blessed with good friends whom I can count on. Though time has had its toll on the relations, there exists a bond that is still thick and is sustaining through the strenuous ordeals one has to undergo to maintain a friend and a relation. And despite being continents apart, a call, a mail, a message – seem to make the miles certainly not smiles, but not frowns either! They strengthen the bond affirming that time and tide cannot mar the heart strings. Whatever future awaits, I am glad our paths crossed each other and we continued this long, together… even if our paths do tend to diverse at some point in our lives, this journey will always be remembered with the greatest amount of respect and care, for the person you are and for the friend you have been to me.

Wishing you a happy Friendship day…
Sincerely…

4 comments:

Purnima said...

Hearty Congratulations on the eve of first anniversary.

I earnestly wish this bonding to grow many fold. Both of you, rock!!

My best wishes,
Puri

Mahita said...

@Puri,

Thanks for your warm wishes :).

Su.. said...

Wow..What a luvly relation u ppl share.. God bless ur fren and man.. M i not jealous of him?? :(

"...They strengthen the bond affirming that time and tide cannot mar the heart strings..."

Distance -- wordweb says
"The property created by the space between two objects or points"... It talks about property right?? It does not talk about relations changing or luv deteriorating?? Somehow u got the point right.. Some bonds are really solid and nothing can mar them :)..

Wish u both a very very very Happy Frenship Day :) !!

Mahita said...

@Su
Thanks ... I am sure he echoes ur thoughts :)