Disclaimer

You are at the risk of entering my world as I see it. Any resemblance to people or situations to the real world is coincidental. The names and characters are fictional and the fiction posts are a mere fantasy of my whim. This is a make-believe world of my complex mind and while I try not to be offensive, if the content is too strong, please do not continue reading the post.

Nov 15, 2008

Hope and Despair

I am a morning’s ray, fresh and welcoming…
For you, I am the radiance you wish to close your eyes on…

I am a night’s romance, sensuous and aesthetic,
For you, I am bondage, loathsome and lustful…

I am the warmth, cosy and comfortable
For you, I am the heat, excruciating and overpowering…

I am a winter breeze, fulfilling and dreamy…
For you, I am the chill that freezes you cold…

I am the rain, fresh and welcoming,
For you, I am the cloud, gloomy and depressing…

I am a rose, sweet and loving,
For you I am a thorn, piercing your heart…

I am a leaf, green and sensitive,
For you, I am a dried leaf… to be trampled and broken to pieces – never to be mended again…

I am the wave, roaring and soaring,
For you, I am an ocean – uncontrolled and huge….

I am hope, life and vigour,
For you, I am the despair, you wish to forget!

6 comments:

Purnima said...

WOW.. well articulated.

Yeah, it happens, a rose is sometimes recollected just for its thorns. That's the way it is. Because, We see what we want to see. Hmm..

Mahita said...

@ Puri,
Thankyou :).
True enough - we see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear. And sometimes, only an eternal optimist, if there exists one can see the glas half full :)...

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

It was a memory, a write a indulgence.
For me it was a delight, unrestrained in bounds!

Mahita said...

@Prabhu,
Thanks for stopping by and dropping in a lovely line...

"a delight, unrestrained in bounds..." :)

Usha Pisharody said...

Beautifully drawn out contrasts here! And somehow so together are the two sides of the coin. A poignant piece!

By the way :

You have been tagged :)

Here, on a new space I made for myself:

http://rambleononon.blogspot.com/2008/11/corridors-of-time.html

Mahita said...

@Usha,
Thanks for the generous comment:), and the two sides of the coin make it that bit difficult to live only with one..

Thanks for tagging me :)... Will repsond to it...soon...